Friday, October 22, 2010

Dear Patty~

Today is one of those days.

I miss your smartassery soooo much . I don't have any particular complaints (or celebrations), no particular witty repartee up my sleeve... but I long for the days when we traded a few dozen one-line emails during the day, playing off each other's wit as if we were playing tennis. Or when we brainstormed a new story and new characters. Or wrote about our respective characters meeting up with each other on a cruise or in Thayer. Or just discussed current events and big ideas and various issues.
Or vented.
Or anything.
I just plain miss you.

I'm trying to write again. I haven't written since you left. I can't think up new characters or stories and I haven't had the heart to write about the stories and characters you were so much a part of helping bring to life.

I know if you were here, you'd kick me in the butt and tell me to write.

I think maybe the 'disbelief' stage lasts a lot longer with internet friendships.
Is looking around and wondering who you'll come back as a form of denial? or bargaining?

No comments:

Post a Comment